You will need to be 18 years old to train and test in the following vehicles, apart from the Car and trailer which you can do at age 17.
- Cat BE – Car and Trailer
- Cat C1 – Lorry up to 7.5 tonnes
- Cat C1E – 7.5 tonne with trailer
- Cat C – Rigid lorry
- Cat CE – Articulated lorry/drawbar combination
- Cat D1 – Minibus up to 17 seats
- Cat D1E – Minibus with trailer
- Cat D – Coach over 17 seats
- Cat DE – Coach and Trailer
In order to start your training you must have the correct provisional licence and have passed the theory tests for that category. If you are taking Cat BE, CE, DE or are removing a restriction, you will automatically have the correct provisional entitlement on your licence and will not need to take a theory test.
If you are taking the C1,C, D1, D test you will need to have a medical, have your provisional licence and pass the theory tests for your category of vehicle. We have a starter pack that will take care of that for you.